It AMAZES me how severely just a tiny disruption can throw me off my game. We had a 3-day weekend. I left work a few hours early Friday, and went on a two-day camping trip with my family. How did this eff me up? Let me count the ways:
- skipped workouts and stress-ate Thursday and Friday, getting ready
- indulged in treats and overate on the trip
- was unable to track calories online for a few days
- missed Monday weigh-in and healthy recipe blog post
- am super-sore from a 15-mile hike on Sunday and not quite sure how I’m going to manage today’s running and swimming workouts
Kind of impressive for just a few days, right?
Actually, although I’m sure the scale would disagree with me, I’m pretty proud of myself. I’ve already caught up my calorie-tracking and my game plan points and have my training schedule in place for the rest of the week. Even though my calves are tight and sore, I’m going to do my scheduled workouts to the best of my ability. Even though I was hungry (I think I’m still on vacation-stomach), I ate healthfully today. If that’s not getting back on track, I don’t know what is. And for reaching long-term goals, that’s how it’s got to be: minimizing the “screw-ups” and bouncing back from them quickly.
I’ll never be perfect, but I will reach my goals. Eventually.