I’m finding it a little hard to believe that we are in the middle of April. 3 1/2 months into 2014! That’s nuts.
As you know, the theme for this week is getting back into the regular swing of this blog. And that means today you get a weekly progress update!
- 1923 daily net average – a couple of really high days (pre-race “carb-loading”! Passover seder!) and some good ones. This is the area I most need to work on and be consistent about.
- 30 min or more of walking every work day
- all training workouts as prescribed EXCEPT a missed bike on Wednesday, and I added a swim I was trying to make up from the previous week
- total of 2.21 mi swimming, 27.8 mi biking, 9.8 mi running…
- …which includes finishing an Olympic distance triathlon!
- 69 points out of 100, a D+
- Waist: 40.5″ Last: 40.75″ Highest: 42″
- Hips: 46.5″ Last: 47″ Highest: 50″
- Today: 221.8 Last Week: 221.2 Highest: 242
So, yeah – the week’s obvious high was finishing the HITS Napa Olympic distance triathlon. My time was 4 hours and 30 minutes, which is unimpressive to say the least. But Coach Irondad was pleased with my effort and I had fun out there, so I’m okay with that. Full race report tomorrow!
As usual, food is my “Needs Improvement” area. I gained about half a pound this week – not a big deal, but it’s the wrong direction. I’ve got to minimize my indulgences and keep working on good habits, even though life is busy and varied.